Sean is available for private lessons on Saturdays & Sundays at his location downtown. There is convenient parking directly across from his apartment complex at the Chinese Cultural Center.
The cost per one hour lesson is $60, with payment due on the first lesson of the month.
Sean has over 5 years of experience teaching private guitar lessons in Honolulu, and more years if you take into account his time at GuitarSounds' teaching studio in California. He has played guitar for 17 years in a variety of performing bands spanning many genres. Sean studied music with private instructors for most of these years while also taking many college-level music performance and theory classes. He is currently performing as a solo artist and in many bands around Honolulu.
Many students want to learn their favorite songs without the accompanying technique practice, and that is possible if that is your intent. With that in mind, Sean does stress learning the fundamentals of guitar technique because a solid foundation in musicianship will make future learning much more enjoyable. The goal is to become a well-rounded and flexible musician that is able to:
1) Utilize pool of various techniques to play in a variety of musical genres.
2) Play written music in a variety of formats (standard notation, TAB, chord charts, lead sheets).
3) Play music aurally (i.e. non-written) through knowledge of the fretboard and a healthy dose of ear training.
4) Write (and be able to dictate to other musicians) your own original music that is unique to your own tastes.
5) Develop a life-long love and passion for the guitar, and more importantly, music in general!
- Honolulu, Oahu
- PayPal, Cash Only, Personal Checks
|City||Honolulu , HI|
|Address||60 N. Beretania St., #2007|
|Phone Number||(949) 697-3026|
Promotions & Discounts
Providing high-quality and friendly private guitar instruction in the Hawaii Kai area. With a convenient location (that is also near Aina Haina, Niu Valley, and Kahala) , flexible times, and personalized courses of study based on student's interests, Sean Cleland Music provides a fun and exciting way to learn guitar!
"Very patient, very kind, very well groomed communication skills."