Are we the RIGHT Performing Arts Academy for you?
1. Mix Voice Technique. We are the only performing arts school in Connecticut Certified to teach Mix Technique by International Voice Teachers of Mix. The benefit of learning how to sing with the Mix Technique is the ability to master many styles of music and have a full range with no breaks. From Opera to Rock, our voice lessons will train your voice to perform in a healthy and versatile way in order to tackle whatever style of music you would like to sing.
2. A full package. We offer the best technique for each instrument we teach (including voice), but we also offer classes on how to actually utilize those techniques in a performance setting. Reading the audience, delivering the song, connecting to the lyrics, microphone technique and more.
3. A comfortable parent's lounge for our clients. Instead of waiting in the same room where your child is having his/her lesson, our clients enjoy a spacious, professional parent's lounge with a comfortable couch, 55 in LED TV always playing interesting musicals, movies and concerts, Free Wi-Fi, magazines and bottled water, coffee and tea service. Or if you prefer you can sit in on their lesson at anytime.
4. Month to Month lessons. The Academy does not require SEMESTER MINIMUMS for lessons. Every student here is on a month-to-month basis. If you are ready to start, you have nothing to lose as we only want students who truly want to be here and we will NOT commit you to a long term contract.
5. A proven track record of EXCELLENCE. The Academy has proven track record of offering quality voice, piano, guitar, acting and performance lessons in New Haven, CT year round. Our full time mission is developing performers through out CT to reach their utmost potential.
6. Award Winning Students!!! We feel so proud to give our students the necessary training they need to use in any kind of performance they desire. Our training allows them to continue to shine as number one and succeed in many competitions throughout CT and the entire U.S.!
7. Open 7 Days a week We know how busy your schedule is. Giving you a wide range of days and hours to choose from, will make it really easy for you to book a lesson at our academy. That is why we offer the longest hours of operation in New Haven, CT.
8. NO BETTER place to take lessons. You will be studying with teachers featured on: American Idol WTNH Channel 8 CT Style Celebrity Cruises Azamara Cruises The Greenwich Wine and Food Festival 2012/2013/2014.
9. Fight boredom! Voice, piano, guitar, acting and performance lessons are taught in an innovative and fun way to keep students learning and growing, whether you are a young child or an adult. We use various types of media to spark creativity and keep lessons interesting as you learn your instrument.
10. Learning to play an instrument can help with schoolwork skills. Patient, loving teachers work with students to develop good practice skills on their instruments that can also help boost grades in school. Learning to play an instrument has been shown to help develop spatial intelligence in children.
11. Learn foundational skills. We incorporate music theory, ear training, improvisation, and sight reading into your piano and guitar lessons, right along with your new performance skills.
Professional Associations & Certifications
- Accredited through International Voice Teachers of Mix www.ivtom.org
- New Haven, East Haven, North Haven, West Haven, Guilford, Clinton, Madison
- PayPal, Personal Checks, cash
|Person||New Haven Academy of Performing Arts|
|City||East Haven , CT|
|Address||597 Main Street|
|Phone Number||(475) 238-8119|
New Haven Academy of Performing Arts
International Vocal Artist and Coach Billy DiCrosta has been performing professionally for for over 28 years. The youngest of a large Italian American family of six. Billy started performing at the early age of 7 and fell in love with being on stage and touching people's hearts through music. He majored in Vocal Performance and Acting at Western CT State University until transferring to The Hartt School of Music to study Musical Theatre.
He has had the joy of playing such roles as Tony in West Side Story , Mike in A Chorus Line , The Baker in Into The Woods and many more. He also had the great honor of singing at The White House for the Clinton Family in 1997. From 2006 to 20012 he had the privilege to perform internationally on luxury cruise lines as a lead production vocalist and a head line entertainer. During his time at sea he was vocal captain for his cast and gave private vocal instruction to them as well while focusing on the art of Mix.
In 2013 he opened the doors to Billy DiCrosta Vocal Studio and became the only Full Member Teacher of International Voice Teachers of Mix www.ivtom.org in the State. In just a short time Billy has been turned into CT's most sought after Vocal Coach. Students travel as far as Hartford, Danbury, and Stamford and those who can't travel enjoy lessons via Skype all to find the vocal freedom that can only be found in his studio. His students range from beginners to professionals and children to adults. Students have found that in just one lesson ,they have learned more and found more freedom in their voice then they have after studying with their former teachers , some of which have been with them for 10 plus years. Billy is known for his unique teaching approach with his light hearted, passionate personality students learn to have fun while training. Thanks to the vocal freedom his students achieve they are able to get leading roles in shows, win competitions and work as professional vocalists. Due to the rapid growth of his studio and his drive for always being the best Billy has founded New Haven Academy of Performing Arts. He is also very proud to be the Premiere Vocal Coach/Judge for www.canusingusa.com, a wonderful singing competition organized by JN Productions, an organization devoted to help all those in need.
OMG! I have no idea where to start. The performances/talent by the students, staff and “moms” were beyond excellent. I believe there are many Academy Awards in the futures of these folks. And the enthusiasm was so fabulous, it made me tingle with excitement for what they have all achieved; and in such short periods of time. If I had a child who wanted to pursue a career in the performing arts, I would definitely sign them up here. This is where dreams are skilled and perfected! You guys ROCK!!! Much success to you!
My daughter loves everything about this program. Billy and Neil are wonderful and they love the children and the parents like family. My 10 year old has come out of her shell and Stephanie her vocal coach has helped her truly find her voice!! Thank you all for helping my little lady shine while having fun.
My son Justin Ruiz started in September 2017 he loves it. I love how dedicated the teachers are not only in making them better performers but also making them feel comfortable and confident. They are professional and super friendly the Academy has become Justin's second home.
This was my son's first musical, and he absolutely loved it!! The best summer camp he has ever been too! All the teachers at NHAOPA are amazing, and the students are very talented. James and the Giant Peach was a terrific show! My son can't wait to sign up for more lessons!
My daughter has been a student at New Haven Academy of Performing Arts since August. She just performed in her first show. This school has exceeded my every expectation. Neil, Billy and Stephanie go above and beyond to make sure every child feels special and comfortable there. My daughter has never been happier. I highly recommend this school to any child or adult interested in singing, acting or instrumental lessons.
My husband and I were so impressed with "James and the Giant Peach" performances this weekend. I loved the way kids embraced their roles so well, their commitment and dedication payed off definitely! Thank you Billy and Neil, your passion and love for performing arts is totally appreciated!!!
My 9 year old daughter attends NHAOPA and loves it! She looks forward to her weekly voice lessons with Neil and has loved all of the seasonal productions. She also attended the summer camp program and is excited to go again next summer! Highly recommend for any one with a child who is interested in performing arts.
My daughter lives her instructor! This place is great! Everyone is so helpful and friendly and such a variety of classes! Love, love, love it!
Small enough for a personal feel, large enough to put on wonderful shows. NHAPOA is a jewel in the heart of East Haven. My daughter has been involved for over 2 years in voice, dance, and theater, and is looking forward to her 3rd summer camp. Don't miss out.
This Academy changed to course of my life and I could not be happier with the results I have gotten!! I only joined in August of 2017 and my experience has far exceeded my expectations. Neil Fuentes is my singing teacher and he helped me unlock a voice I didn’t know I had. If I could give this review 100 stars I would, it is and exceptional school for kids of all ages and even adults!